Workforce Industry Training
The WIT program is for both female and male high school students who have an interest in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) related careers, two-year technical degrees, and/or certificates. By participating in WIT, students gain exposure to career opportunities and the confidence to consider further technical education.
WIT offers benefits and opportunities such as:
- Provides the educational tools and essential support to pursue educational professional opportunities in STEM technical fields.
- Sponsored by the Nuclear Power Institute (NPI) at Texas A&M University in cooperation with schools and industries. nuclearpowerinstitute.org
What do WIT participants do?
- Enjoy mentoring activities by industry professionals
- Visit local industry partners
- Participate in industry job shadowing
- Take part in professional development activities
- Visit universities and community colleges
- Participate in community service
- Hear from and meet guest speakers
- Have scholarship opportunities
How do I join WIT?
To be eligible for WIT you must
- Be 14 years of age or older;
- Be in the 11th or 12th grade of a Texas high school;
- Be a U.S. citizen or a non-citizen authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Have a GPA of 2.5;
- Have an interest in pursuing a STEM technical degree;
- Submit an application for membership;
- If male, meet U.S. Military Selective Service registration requirements;
- Not be concurrently participating in the POWER SET program.